Wallasey Commercial Waste Collections - FREE QUOTE

Food Waste Management Wallasey

Our food waste management services in Wallasey are a one-stop shop for all of your food waste disposal needs. We can assist your business with food waste management, whether it’s collection of food waste, disposal of food waste, or guidance on how to manage it. Food waste occurs at numerous stages of its life cycle, from manufacture through disposal. Production, post-harvest, handling, and storage account for 54 percent of the total. The remaining 46% occurs during the processing, distribution, and consumption of the product.

This leaves us with enough room to suggest that this waste can be prevented with proper food waste management and at Wallasey, we can promise you that we will do our best managing your food waste. Al you have to do is give us a call for a free quote, a free bin and a free delivery of said bin. To top it all, our services are tailor-made to fit your needs. Please call us on 0151 321 1710.

What is Food Waste Management?

More than 40% of losses in developed countries occur at the retail and consumer level. Most of us have thrown out veggies or other items that we had forgotten about in the back of our refrigerator until it was too late to eat. One component of food waste is this. Consumption patterns and consumer behavior are the most common causes of food waste. How we deal with this food waste is called food waste management and it often involves reducing the food waste, recycling or preventing the food wastage all together. 

In the United Kingdom alone, 20 to 40% of fruits and vegetables are wasted or, at best, used as animal feed, ploughed back into the ground, or disposed of in landfills. This is due to the fact that certain products were deformed and did not fulfill retailer and supermarket standards. Though making compost is not necessarily food waste, if that food was perfectly fine, it could have done better being donated instead of being turned into a compost.

Food Waste Recycling Wallasey

We can feed 870 million hungry people just by salvaging one-fourth of the food lost or wasted worldwide. Food waste is collected and delivered to recycling centers, where anaerobic digestion converts it into electricity and fertilizer. Anaerobic digesters are the safest option to recycle this way because they save the environment while also converting food waste into something useful in our daily life. More electricity, petrol to fuel our automobiles, and fertilizer for more food are all benefits of recycling food waste. However, this is not the only way we can manage our food waste.

Food Waste Reduction Wallasey 

Businesses can avoid most of the food waste they produce. It is simply a matter of establishing good food management practices with the help of a recycling company like Wallasey Waste. To say you need to know how to handle food is not to implicate you for making food waste. iT is just an indication that sometimes, some aspects of your business may not be yours to run and manage, like food wastage management for example.

For example, we can better plan our meals to reduce the amount of food that ends up in the bin, ensure that we only buy what we need rather than buying on the basis of a sale, or seek out farmers’ markets where products of all sizes and shapes are available – and prices are likely to be lower there as well. If you sell food in your business it’s best to implement practises that encourage longevity of the food produced. 

Free Quote for Waste Collection